Planetary Resources are Resources that are produced, stockpiled, and spent on each individual Planet. If you are on the Planet Main Page you will see a Resource Bar that tells you what Resources are available for that Planet to spend. It looks like this:
Each planet in the galaxy has its own resource bar like the one above. The resource bar shows you how much of each resource is stockpiled on the planet (the number 150 beside the large ham) and how much of that resource the planet makes every hour (the +18/hr. beside the large ham).
Resources Common To All Species
- There are three resources that all of the Species use in common.
- Each Species has one resource that only they can use. Every Species requires this special resource to build their items (Warships, Armies, Buildings, etc.).
- The Element X-tractor can be built or upgraded to increase the hourly production of Element X.
- The Radium Concentrator can be built or upgraded to increase the hourly production of Radium.
- The Soul Portal can be built or upgraded to increase the hourly production of Souls.
- The Gold Mine can be built or upgraded to increase the hourly production of Gold.
- The Psi Focus can be built or upgraded to increase the hourly production of Psi.
- The Magika Funnel can be built or upgraded to increase the hourly production of Magika.
Research Hours are spent to aquire new Technological breakthroughs. Upgrading your technology levels is essential if you are to maintain your competitive edge against other empires in the Strange Universe.
Research Hours are counted as a cumulative total produced across your empire. Any Planet that has a Technology Lab will produce Research Hours and they will be added to your empire total.
You can see your empires hourly production of Research Hours and how many Research Hours they have stockpiled on the Technology Page. You can get to the Technology Page by clicking on the Science & Technology button on the toolbar at the top of the Strange Universe game page. It looks like this:
The Shipyard will automatically combine the Resources from every Planet in the Star System in order to build Warships. Similarly it will deduct resources equally from every Planet in the Star System when you build or upgrade a Shipyard.
Why go through all the troublesome business of creating your own Resources when you can just take another players?
- You can steal another players resources by setting up a Blockade.
- Take all a players planets in a star system and get the Loot!
- Not yet an option. But soon!
Starvation Due To Low Resources
In addition to constructing new buildings and units, resources are used to feed your workers and power your buildings. This cost is automatically subtracted from your hourly production.
- Every Worker that you build (unless you are the Robots) will continuously eat a small amount of Food. Robot Workers don't eat food (duh) they consume coal instead.
- If you let the stockpile of food on a planet drop too low then there may not be enough food to feed your Workers. This will lead to Worker starvation and your Workers will stop working as hard. Your production of everything will drop.
- Every Building that you build will continuously burn a small amount of Coal. If you let the stockpile of Coal that you have on a planet drop below the level required by the Buildings on the planet then your Buildings will break down and stop producing. Since Robot Workers eat Coal instead of Food then they will stop working as hard if your Coal stockpile drops below the amount they need to continue working.