What Buildings Do
Buildings produce resources that can be spent to create warships, armies, buildings, and new technologies. They also are necessary to build better armies and warships and to increase the number of armies and warships that your empire can support.
- Each building level that you own adds .1 point to your Score every hour.
- Each Building that produces Resources make 5 of that resource per hour. Each level you upgrade a building increases your output by 5 per hour.
- Technology Labs produce 1 Research Hour per hour. Each level you upgrade increases your output by 1 per hour.
- You can increase the amount each building produces per hour by increasing your Efficiency.
- Certain Buildings do better on particular Planet types. If you look in the expandable information under each Building it will show whether you are receiving a bonus.
Unlocking New Units
- Some Army units cannot be built unless you have upgraded the Fortress on that planet to a high enough level.
- Warships of a certain size cannot be built unless you have upgraded the Shipyard in that Star System to a high enough level.
- Armies, Spies, and Warships all depend on Support from various Buildings. The amount of Support you have determines the number of units you can have in your empire.
- Army Support
- Armies depend on the Fortress for their Support. Every Fortress that you build on any Planet in your empire adds to the number of Armies that you can Support, empire wide. If you go over your Support limit then the cost of producing new Armies will increase.
- Warship Support
- Warships depend on the Shipyard for their Support. Every Shipyard that you build on any Star System in your empire adds to the number of Warships that you can Support, empire wide. If you go over your Support limit then the cost of producing new Warships will increase.
What Buildings Need
Workers burn Coal in order to make Buildings run. If you don't have workers or coal you might as well not have buildings.
The Dragon species is an exception to this. Their workers provide their own heat for the buildings. But they have to provide extra food to keep their workers running.
- Each building requires one Worker to work it. If you have fewer Workers than you have buildings on your planet then the buildings on your planet will produce at less than 100% Efficiency.
- Buildings burn Coal. You must maintain a steady production of Coal or your buildings will cease to function and potentially be destroyed.
- Every building burns .75 of 1 coal every hour. (1 coal every 1 hour and 20 minutes.)
- Dragon buildings do not burn coal. Instead, their workers require extra food.
What Buildings Cost
Type Of Building
- Different buildings cost different amounts. Coal Mines and Farms are quick and cheap while Shipyards and Technology Labs are expensive and slow.
- The higher the level of building the more it costs. A level 4 farm costs more and takes longer to build than a level 3 farm which costs more and takes longer to build than a level 2 farm.
- As long as you have enough Government Technology researched then you're fine. If you have more Planets than your Government can support the cost of buildings are going to increase. A lot. They'll take longer to build too.
There are different types of buildings. Industry buildings increase your production abilities. Military buildings increase the number of military units you can support and the quality of units you can build.
- Building or upgrading military buildings will unlock new military units and increase the number of military units your empire can support.
- Upgrading the Fortress to higher levels unlocks the option to build more dangerous Army Units on the Planet the Fortress is on. Every level of Fortress also increases the number of Army Units you can support across your whole empire. Having Fortresses on your planet also provides a defensive bonus to the armies defending your planet. They will defend 5% better for each fortress level on the planet.
- Upgrading the Shipyard to higher levels unlocks the option to build larger Warships in the Star System the Shipyard is on. Every level of Shipyard also increases the number of Warships you can support across your whole empire. The Shipyard can be upgraded from the Shipyard Page.
Fortress - needed to build Army units Shipyard - needed to build Warships Space Corridor - allows Long Distance attacks Space Palace - increases Score produced per hour Entropy Generator - damages Blockading warships
- Building or upgrading industrial buildings will boost the amount of Resources you produce every hour. Not all of these are available or needed by every Species. Most resources will be spent to build more buildings, Warships, Armies, Spies, and Workers.
- The resources produced by the Technology Lab are called Research Hours. Research Hours are spent to increase the amount of Research you can develop. New research can improve everything from the number of planets you can own to the quality of your Warships and Army Units.
- Industry Buildings Needed By All Species
- Every Species in the Strange Universe requires these Buildings:
- Industry Buildings Needed By Specific Species
- Only specific Species in the Strange Universe need these Buildings:
Farm - produces Food - used by all Species except Robots Element X-tractor - produces Element X - used by Robots Radium Concentrator - produces Radium - used by Humans Soul Portal - produces Souls - used by Demons Gold Mine - produces Gold - used by Dragons Psi Focus - produces Psi - used by Martians Magika Funnel - produces Magika - used by Elves