What Are Armies?
Armies are used for attacking and defending planets. Warships are used for attacking and defending stars.
Every Species has 3 army types that they can build.
Each type requires that you Research the technology Army Development and build a Fortress to unlock it. Researching the technology unlocks it for your entire empire but you must build a Fortress of the required level on every planet that you wish to produce your armies on.
Each army unit that you produce will require Support from your empire. If you build more armies than you can support then the cost of building new armies will increase. You can raise your support limit by building more Fortresses.
The number one rule in army combat is to always show up with overwhelming force. Try to keep your armies grouped together - they fight best in packs.
When Defending A Planet
- Every level of Fortress on the planet adds 5% to the defenders total defense score.
- Every level of Army Development technology that you research will add 5% to the Army units (not workers) defense score.
- Workers (except for slaves) will fight for the defender. Each worker has a defense score of 1.
When Attacking A Planet
Types Of Army Units
- Requirements: Fortress level 1
- Support: 1
- Strength: cheap to build, good at defense and offense
- Defense Score: 8
- Offense Score: 8
- Requirements: Fortress level 4, Army Development level 3
- Support: 2
- Strength: moderately expensive, great at defense and offense
- Defense Score: 20
- Offense Score: 20
- Requirements: Fortress level 8, Army Development level 6
- Support: 3
- Strength: expensive, excellent at offense and defense.
- Defense Score: 42
- Offense Score: 42
Armies By Species
|Infantry||Assault Troop||Elite Troop|